Friday, November 18, 2005

I'm still in France.

I know, the title isn't all that exciting. But you have no idea how many times I tell myself that in a given day. "I'm in France... I'm in France. I'm in a different continent. I'm LIVING in France." And so on.

I don't know if I have very much to post tonight (it's 12:09 am local time) but I felt the need to post something, because I feel as though I'm being neglectful to those of you who still check this webpage on a semi-regular basis. So yeah.... I'm still in France. I think I've said this to most of you... but I'm having a lot of fun. I'm meeting lots of new people (from a variety of countries, no less) and learning all sorts of things. My problem is, when I go to write (or post, as the case may be) any given thing I've learned, I can't think of one because I've learned too many during the day. Oh! I know.. I've just come back from Vanja's apartment (Vanja is the Italian assistant in the lycée as me). Tonight I learned that, while there isn't Philadelphia Cream Cheese in France, it DOES exist in Italy. I was wondering if I would be able to find a way to make cheesecake for my friends here in France (because cheesecake is North American apparently) and in fact I think I will be able to find a way. It won't be super good cheesecake, because I don't have an oven, but no-bake cheesecake will just have to do.

Anyway...I learned that while there isn't the brand Philadelphia here in France, cream cheese is "fromage a tartiner" and so now I know what to look for. So, there's a short lesson in French grocery culture for you.

I'm also getting increasingly excited for all of my vacations. First of all, Mom and Ryan come at Christmas time, when we'll go to Rome, Zurich, Paris and more. Then, I was quite delighted to get a call from Sara last night, and we confirmed that she will be able to come visit me during my winter vacation at the end of February, at which time we will more than likely find our way to Turino to attend a few Olympic events. OMG, I could be going to see the Olympics live! There is just so much to look forward too, so much to see, and not nearly enough time to fit everything in. Oh, AND I might be going to Venice for Easter (with Vanja). How cool would that be?

I've wanted to do this - to come to France, to see Europe, for so long, that I think I sort of forgot exactly how much I REALLY wanted to do it. Now that I'm actually here, I'm realizing it all over again! Its so exciting! Oh boy (as I would say ;) ).

So there's a post. I don't know if its much of an update, but a post nonetheless.

Take care, and talk to you all soon.

2 Comments:

At 3:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a great post....except for the envy and drool that is now all over my computer's keyboard thanx to you :P

I one day hope to be able to live the same sort of material as you are posting now...I know I've said it to you pretty much every time we talk..but, enjoy it Jo, live it up, soak it in, take lots of pictures, and keep havinnnnnnnng lottttttts of fun...

PS- I dunno if you got my email or not (cause you havent wrote back..but, I'm using a new email adress)..you can send one to corey769 if you want and I'll tell ya the new adress and you can go to my blog to see why I'm not posting it on here..

PPS- Your blonde friend in those pictures you sent, she's really pretty...you don't have to get me ANYTHING for xmas, just put a bow on her for me,lol :)

Luv ya lots,
Corey

 
At 1:27 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU, an jealous all at the same time. I really wanted to go visit but its not in the cards. Maybe it will pop up though, just maybe.

PS... TURINO!!! I have a cameraman friend going to film over there.

Have fun and be safe!

Sam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home